Mount Rinjani is an active volcano which is located on a small island in Indonesia called Lombok. The easiest way to reach the mountain is to fly direct to Lombok International Airport in Praya, Lombok (Airport Code: LOP) and then took a long journey to the foot of Rinjani.
There are flights from Bali, Jakarta, and Surabaya (some linking to Kuala Lumpur) and from Singapore to Lombok.
- Garuda, Merpati, Air Asia , Malaysia Airlines and Lion Air all have regular flights to Lombok from Jakarta, Denpasar, Surabaya and Kuala Lumpur.
- Silk Air has regular flights direct from Singapore to Lombok.
- Merpati fly five times a day from Denpasar to Lombok
- Trans Nusa Air Service flying between Denpasar to Lombok every day, as well as connections to many other Indonesian destinations.
Driving Routes option to Mount Rinjani from Airport :
- Senaru, the drive takes about 2.5 – 3 hours, going through Mataram and circled half the island before finally reaching Senaru village the ascent route to Rinjani in the west.
- Sembalun, takes about 2 – 2,5 hours going through east side Mount Rinjani with routes Praya- Kopang – Masbagik – Aikmel then finally reached the village of Sembalun in the east side of Mount Rinjani (the closest ascent route to Mount Rinjani summit).
If you can’t fly directly to Lombok, the best way is to transit through Jakarta or fly into Bali and take a boat out to Lombok. However this would take a lot of time and you might have to stay extra overnight somewhere.
Take a car or bus from Denpasar to Padangbai and from there by ferry to Lembar in Lombok :
- Drive-on ferries operate regularly from Padang Bay in Bali to Lembar in Lombok.
- Fast boats serve from Benoa or Serangan or Padang Bay to three Gili Islands and Telok Kodek or Telok Nare or Senggigi in Lombok and you can visit their website at :
If you book the Rinjani trekking package with us, we will pick you up at any arrival place or location within Lombok island then transfer you to your hotel in Senaru or Sembalun village.